Actually, camping has a long history and had been done for centuries ago. Now, camping is a development of camping in the 19th century. In the prehistoric era, camping in nature was a way for humans to survive..
Camping Mad Libs Printable
Printable Camping Mad Libs
What is the History of Camping?
Actually, camping has a long history and had been done for centuries ago. Now, camping is a development of camping in the 19th century. In the prehistoric era, camping in nature was a way for humans to survive.
In 1869, a writer from the United States wrote a book about camping. The title is "Adventures in the Wilderness; or, Camp-Life in the Adirondacks." Because of that book, camping became popular in America.
Then, there is the first camping club in the United States, the Campers Club. The club was founded in 1901. The club focused on promoting camping activities and popularizing that activity.
Finally, camping also became popular in Europe in 1920-1930. That popularity is due to the many camping clubs and camping vehicles in European countries. Since then, camping has become a popular activity in the world.
How to Create the Best Camping for Kids?
Quality time with children is the best moment for parents to increase the relationship between parents and children. Well, one of the best ways is to go camping. Even though they are still young, you can still ask your children for camping together.
So, how to make a camping party the best experience for kids? Do some of these camping preparation tips.
- The first thing to do is choose a camping ground that is suitable for children. Make sure that the location of the camping ground is not far from the house. In addition, don't choose a camping ground with extreme terrain because it will be dangerous for children. Mom or Dad was recommended to choose a camping ground that provides various facilities such as toilets, places to eat, and places to rent camping equipment.
- Still related to the camping ground, you can check the reviews from the camping ground visitors. Choose a camping ground that gets lots of positive reviews. The trick is to visit the Google Profile or the website of the camping ground. You can also use social media to see comments from other visitors.
- Camping activities are definitely inseparable from insects. Therefore, you need to bring protective equipment for children so they are not bitten by insects. Examples are anti-mosquito lotions that are safe for children or insect nets.
- Don't forget to bring the right camping tools and games to play together such as completing camping mad libs, bingo, or cards.
What are Items that Need to Prepare when Camping with Children?
Various camping equipment that must be brought when camping with children is not too different from camping equipment for adults. Here are some of them.
- Tents: Yes, tents are the most important equipment to bring when camping. Make sure the tent is made of the best quality materials and is not easily damaged. Adjust the size of the tent with the number of family members.
- Mattresses: Bring a mattress to make the children's sleep more comfortable during camping. With a mattress, the body will not hurt easily when lying on the ground.
- Sleeping Bag: You also need to bring a sleeping bag to protect the children's bodies from weather changes and other disturbances while sleeping in the tent.
- Flashlight and Headlamp: Don't forget to bring a flashlight and headlamp to facilitate camping activities at night.
- Groceries: You need to bring nutritious groceries for kids. Therefore, don't forget to bring a portable gas stove and simple cooking utensils when camping.
Printable Camping Mad Libs
A Spooky Story Campfire Mad Libs Printable Mad Libs Printable Camp Letters Summer Mad Libs Printable Summer Mad Libs Printable Camping Mad Libs Free Printable Printable Nature Themed Mad Libs Summer Camp Mad Libs Printable Girl Scout Camping Mad Lib Cookie And Camping Mad Libs Printable Nature Mad Libs Printable Family Camping Checklist And Activity Sheet Printables Printable Halloween Teen Terrors Mad Libs Party Game Ghost Story Mad Libs And Spooky Story Starters Camping Mad Libs Printable Fill In The Blank Party Game Printable Camping Mad Libs Stories For Kids
What are the Benefits of Camping for Children?
Camping is not only a fun activity for children, but also a useful activity. The reason is, children can get these benefits if they go camping.
- Because camping is done in nature, children can learn about the environment. Therefore, parents need to teach their children about how to protect the environment during camping.
- There are many trees around the camping ground. Well, that can be the best way to teach kids about different types of trees or plants. It will make children gain new knowledge and experience.
- Camping can teach children to overcome discomfort. The reason is, there are many unpleasant things during camping such as insects, cold, hot, and darkness. It is different from the conditions at home. However, that's what can make children able to learn about many new things.
- Camping also makes children healthier because they can breathe fresh air. The camping ground is usually located in areas around forests and mountains, so the place has very minimal pollution.
- Camping can make children more active. This can make children healthier. Therefore, make various physical activities when camping with children. An example is group exercise or jogging around the camping ground in the morning.
- The Central Sierra Environmental Resource Center explains that camping can teach children about responsibility and discipline. That's because the children have to do the tasks given so camping can run perfectly. Therefore, you can give the children some simple tasks while camping, such as helping set up a tent or helping find branches for a bonfire.
- Camping can increase children's mental strength. Why? That's because children must prepare their physical and mental conditions during camping so they can overcome various unpleasant things during camping.
- Finally, camping can create bonding between children and parents. This will improve communication and family relationships.
Article written by Adelina M.K., last updated on Oct 24, 2023 and edited by Printablee Team.
More printable images tagged with: