A presentation rubric is one of many types of rubrics. The rubric itself is an assessment guide used to assess various components according to specific objectives related to the assigned task.
Oral Presentation Grading Rubric
What is a Presentation Rubric?
A presentation rubric is one of many types of rubrics. The rubric itself is an assessment guide used to assess various components according to specific objectives related to the assigned task. So, the rubric is widely used in the student learning process. Some assignments that usually use rubrics are research, presentations, portfolios, and group projects.
So, the presentation rubric is the rubric used for presentation activities. In the presentation rubric, there are two main elements. Those are assessment indicators and assessment criteria. Assessment indicators are various aspects that are assessed from the presentation such as the use of language, communication, the concepts, and the way to deliver the presentation. Meanwhile, the assessment criteria are divided into several types according to the value scale.
With the presentation rubric, there are several benefits that can be obtained by students and teachers. For students, presentation rubrics can help them understand the assessment components and objectives of the assignment, encourage active feedback, and understand the process of learning progress. For teachers, the presentation rubric can help teachers to give grades fairly, not waste time, provide solutive suggestions for student learning outcomes, provide more effective teaching, and improve previous learning methods.
What are the Important Elements to Make a Good Presentation Rubric?
To be an effective tool in the teaching and learning process, the rubric must contain various important elements. That's what makes a good presentation rubric. Some important elements of the presentation rubric are as follows.
- Criteria: As we have mentioned above, the presentation rubric usually contains the assessment criteria. These are also known as categories. So, write down a specific list of criteria so students can understand what the purpose of the assessment is.
- Level of Assessment: The next element that must be included in the presentation rubric is the level of assessment or scoring. It is a scale used to give grades to students. Scoring levels include very good, good, and less. In general, there are 4-6 levels of assessment.
- Description: Another thing that makes a good presentation rubric is the description used to explain the scoring criteria. So, students can understand the point they get.
- Linkage: All criteria in the presentation rubric must be related to one another.
- Validity: The presentation rubric must also have a good level of validity so it can be used to measure the performance of the presentation process.
How to Use a Presentation Rubric?
For teachers, you need to understand how to use the rubric for student presentation activities in class. Here's how to use the presentation rubric correctly.
- Find a simple rubric template and print it. Adjust the template with the purpose and assessment of the presentation in your class. Do not use subjective scoring criteria such as "interesting presentation" or "creative way of presentation." Use objective assessment criteria.
- Analysis of student presentation assignments to determine what are the assessment criteria in the presentation. Make sure that each of these criteria is related to one another so it will make it easy for you to make conclusions.
- Determine the scoring or rating level on a 4-6 scale.
- Provide a description for each criterion and the scoring.
- Review and edit the rubric of the presentation before giving it to students.
- If the presentation rubric is correct, give it to all students in the class and teach them to use the rubric as a reference for assessing class presentations.
- The results of the presentation rubric can be used to determine student learning processes and provide appropriate feedback for further learning processes.
Oral Presentation Rubric High School
Printable Oral Presentation Rubric Oral Presentation Rubric Elementary Oral Presentation Rubric Elementary Rubric For Oral Presentation High School Rubrics For Oral Presentations In College Analytic Rubrics For Oral Presentation Kid Friendly Oral Presentation Rubric Oral Presentation Grading Rubric
What are the Benefits and Types of a Presentation Rubric?
By using the presentation rubric for classroom learning, there are several benefits that you and your students can get. Some of these benefits are as follows.
- Rubrics can help you design assignments better. That's because rubrics can make it easier for you to provide assessments on various aspects or components of assignments according to certain categories or classifications.
- Rubrics can help students to understand the reasons for the grades they get. This will prevent jealousy among students.
- By using a rubric, you can give an assessment more quickly and easily. In addition, the assessment can also be carried out in detail because there are criteria or goals for the assessment and scores.
- You can inform the purpose of the presentation assessment to students. So, the rubric can make students understand the purpose of the presentation.
- Rubrics can help students to organize presentation assignments well. This is because they can use the criteria and scores in the presentation rubric as material for reviewing their previous presentation assignments. Well, that can make their other presentation assignments even better.
Meanwhile, you can use these two types of rubrics to guide the assessment of student presentations in class.
- Project Presentation Rubric: This rubric is used to provide an assessment of a project presented by students. So, students can present posters or models of the projects they make. Then, you can use the presentation rubric to assess the project. You can also ask students to set goals or criteria for assessing the project. That way, they will feel they are getting a fair assignment assessment.
- Team Presentation Rubric: The next type of presentation rubric is the team rubric. It is a rubric that is used to provide an assessment of teamwork. The rubric can help students determine which members actively participate in teamwork, the tasks of each team member, and the consequences for team members who do not participate in the group's work.
Article written by Shasmitha Mutiara, last updated on Nov 02, 2022 and edited by Printablee Team.
More printable images tagged with: