In this era, you might be thinking whether having a telephone message template is still relevant? Well, the answer is still yes. But, why do we need a telephone message template? This is 2020 not 1985. Yes, it is. We know that the world has change. However, people still use telephone somehow especially those who works in the office.
If you don’t believe it, let me ask you this, have you ever called by someone through the office but it’s your coworker that picked it up? How do they handle the telephone to you? Do they just shouted across the office and make you feel ashamed? Or do they record it properly in a telephone message template and handing you a message? If you ever experienced this thing, you’ll understand why we still need a telephone message template nowadays.
The problem is that sometimes when we got a telephone for other people, we don’t know how to record the message properly from the caller. Even though, the message could be very important. This problem make telephone message template still relevant until now especially for office usage.
There are six items that should be on a telephone message template. These items will help anyone record the message properly and then deliver it to the person who needs it. Anyway, what are these six items again? To see it, let’s check this information below:
1. In a telephone message template, there should be the name of the person who called. Make sure you write down the first and last name with correct spelling. This is very important especially if the person who needs it should make a callback.
2. Besides that, you should also ask the company affiliation of the person who called if there is one. This one could be important information of the caller identity.
3. Next, please ask the telephone number and extension of the person who called. It helps the person who needs it to make a callback.
4. However, don’t forget to write down the date and time of call. Just in case you don’t deliver the message at that day. Human forget things easily, right? So, better prevent it.
5. This is the most important: write down the message.
6. Last but not least, write the name or initials of the person who took the call.