Before we download leader in me posters, firstly, we need to understand the definition of the Leader in Me. The Leader in Me can be defined as a school model that is evidence-based to develop the leadership and skills in students. This method is used to make the students ready to live in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. There are 7 habits of highly effective people.
The specific 7 habits of highly effective people including:
1. Habit 1: Be proactive, meaning we are in charge of things.
2. Habit 2: Begin with the end in mind, meaning we arrange a plan to every little thing.
3. Habit 3: Put first thing first, meaning we need to prioritize and decide the important responsibility should be achieved first.
4. Habit 4: Think win-win, meaning seek the best chance where nobody doesn't get any disadvantage when it comes to making a decision
5. Habit 5: Seek first to understand, then to be understood, meaning if we want to talk, make sure we listen and understand the others enough.
6. Habit 6: Synergize, meaning teamwork creates a better result.
7. Habit 7: Sharpen the saw, meaning we need to keep everything we handle balanced well.
This program mainly encourages leadership and skills that can be applied in the 21st century. This program believes that everyone can and deserves to be a leader. This program helps the students to think logically and sequentially. It also makes the student think about everything with a balanced perspective so that this can reflect the vision of an ideal school.
There are five main leadership skills that should be improved to give the influence and make a movement. Here are the five leadership skills:
When it comes to leadership, someone should communicate effectively. Strategy won't be successful if the team inside the work doesn't understand what we say because we can't say it clearly and well-defined. The leader always makes sure the team can understand the task.
A leader should keep an eye to the process. They are required to see which way is effective or not when it comes to reach the goal for teams. The leader also needs to be aware of the changes in the fast-paced life. So, they can prepare for the worst probability.
A good leader doesn't only require the result, they also put trust and respect to each other. This can be reached by being honest and forthright to every situation. Everyone deserves a truth.
4. Relationship building
In a team, everyone is not just producing or doing their job. A great leader always ensures all the members of the team are connected with a good and healthy relationship. A team can run if the members can get along.
A proper leader is required to be creative and notice the changes should be applied to develop the workflow. They are responsible for challenges and create a guide to the team so all of the members can reach the same goals that have been set in the beginning.