Diabetic Food Log Sheets Printable
Printable Diabetic Food Log Sheets
What is Blood Sugar?
Reporting to medlineplus.gov, blood sugar is the sugar level in the blood. Sugar is the main source of energy for the body. Sugar can be obtained from the food you eat. An example is carbohydrates which will be converted into glucose. Later, the glucose will flow into the blood.
The formation of glucose is assisted by insulin. Insulin can also help glucose to get into the body's cells. That's what will make the glucose can be used as energy.
Meanwhile, based on an explanation on livescience.com, the production of glucose also uses other organs such as the liver, small intestine, and pancreas. In the body, blood sugar levels are regulated by the endocrine system. This system produces the insulin hormone.
If there is an excess of glucose, the glucose will flow to the liver and be converted into glycogen. In addition, there is also the hormone glucagon produced by the pancreas. Its function is different from insulin because the pancreas will only produce blood sugar when needed.
If the body needs more blood sugar levels, glucagon will get a signal from the liver to convert glycogen into glucose. Then, it will flow into the blood through the process of glycogenesis.
Based on research from the Johns Hopkins University Pancreatic Cancer Research Center Sol Goldman, glucagon and insulin work together to help stabilize glucose in the blood.
What is Normal Blood Sugar in the Body?
Normal blood sugar levels are 70-100 mg/dL. Therefore, you have to do a test to find out normal blood sugar levels. This is also a preventive effort to reduce the risk due to deficiency or excess blood sugar.
In general, there are two types of blood sugar tests. The two types of blood sugar tests are the plasma test (venous blood glucose) and the capillary blood glucose test. However, the fasting blood glucose test is mostly used because it can give the right results.
What are Abnormal Blood Sugar Levels?
Below are values for abnormal blood sugar levels as measured by a fasting blood glucose test.
- Blood sugar with a value of 100-125 mg/dL indicates that your blood sugar is high enough. This is also known as a pre-diabetic condition. With these blood sugar levels, you are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Blood sugar levels of 126 mg/dL or higher indicate that you have diabetes.
How to Reduce Blood Sugar in the Body?
If you have blood sugar levels as above, do some ways to reduce these blood sugar levels. Here are ways related to how to lower blood sugar as reported by healthline.com and gradyhealth.org.
- Exercise regularly: The first way that can be done is to do regular exercise. So, glucose in the blood can be converted into energy. Just do the exercise for 10 minutes three times a day within 5 days.
- Eat healthy food: Another way is to reduce the consumption of carbohydrates. This is because carbohydrates are converted into glucose in the blood. So, it's better for you to consume foods that are high in fiber. Examples are vegetables, fruits, and grains. Don't forget to increase the consumption of mineral water.
- Use diabetic food log sheets: These log sheets are similar to keeping a food journal. This sheet will help to track the amount of food consumed and how the blood sugar in the body is having after meals.
- Managing stress: You also have to manage stress. The reason is, stress can also increase blood sugar levels.
Printable Diabetic Food and Blood Sugar Log
Diabetes Blood Sugar Log Sheet Printable
Diabetes Blood Sugar Log
Printable Diabetic Log Sheets
Diabetes Food Log Sheet Printable
Diabetes Blood Sugar Log Book Printable
Food and Blood Sugar Log
Diabetic Food Diary Template Excel
Free Printable Diabetic Food Log Sheets
What are the Best Foods to Reduce High Blood Pressure?
The most important thing that must be considered to reduce blood sugar is to choose healthy foods to consume. Therefore, we provide a list of the best foods to reduce high blood pressure. These foods are as follows.
- Salmon: If your blood sugar level is high, you should increase your consumption of fish, especially salmon. Salmon is a type of fatty fish that contains good omega-3 fats. Salmon is great for improving heart health. Fish can also reduce high blood sugar pressure. This is proven by research in journals published at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
- Berries: Other foods that are great for consumption by people with high blood sugar levels are berries. Berries have been proven to be able to provide various health benefits for the body. One of them is reducing the risk of high blood pressure which can trigger heart disease. That's because berries have anthocyanin compounds which can increase nitric oxide levels in the blood.
- Carrots: Carrots can also help reduce blood sugar levels. According to ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, people aged 40-59 years can significantly reduce blood pressure and blood sugar. That's because there are high phenolic compounds in carrots. These compounds can reduce inflammation in blood vessels.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are also the best food for reducing high blood sugar levels. The ability of tomatoes to reduce blood sugar levels is due to the carotenoid lycopene. These compounds will improve heart health, reduce high blood pressure, and lower blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds: Currently, chia seeds are being widely consumed by people who have a healthy lifestyle. The reason is, chia seed provides many health benefits. One of them is to lower glucose levels in the blood.
- Spinach: Spinach is a vegetable that has a high nitrate. In addition, spinach also contains antioxidant compounds. Therefore, spinach is good for reducing blood sugar levels and high blood pressure.
More printable images tagged with: