Bible trivia is a fun method to increase your knowledge of Bible facts. There are various interesting facts that you can find in the Bible trivia. Therefore, Bible trivia is the easiest way to teach the Bible to children..
Printable Bible Trivia Questions
What is Bible Trivia?
Bible trivia is a fun method to increase your knowledge of Bible facts. There are various interesting facts that you can find in the Bible trivia. Therefore, Bible trivia is the easiest way to teach the Bible to children.
Bible trivia can be played in groups. By playing it in teams, children can answer various questions about the Bible. It will let them know Bible facts that they did not know before. Then, you can calculate the total score of each team. The team that gets the highest score is the winner.
Bible trivia is also a great way to test your knowledge of Bible facts. Currently, there are many interesting Bible trivia questions to explore. One of them is the fact about the person with the longest name in the Bible. So, let's talk about Bible trivia for kids: a story about the longest name in the Bible here.
What is The Longest Name in The Bible?
The longest name in the Bible is Maher-Shalal Hash-Bas or Mahershalalhashbaz. It is a man's name. He was the second son of the prophet Isaiah. You can read the story of Mahershalalhashbaz in Isaiah 7-9. The name is considered to be the longest name in the Hebrew language.
In Hebrew, Mahershalalhashbaz consists of 5 words. The five words are maher (fast), shalal (destructive), chas (speed), baz (destructive). So, maharshalal and chasbaz are synonyms.
In fact, the prophet Isaiah gave that name to his son as a warning to people who were threatening Judah that God would soon come to punish them. So, the son of the Prophet Isaiah was born as part of God's people to carry out judgment on Judah's enemies such as Damascus (the capital of Syria) and Samaria (the capital of Israel).
The two enemies were defeated by the Assyrians from Mesopotamia. Mahershalalhashbaz is a reminder to Judah's enemies that they will be destroyed by God through Assyria.
The longest name in the Bible also explains to people that God often uses prophets and their children as life lessons and part of His plan. An example is Mahershalalhashbaz which is the longest name because God wants to show His power through that name.
What are The Hardest Names in The Bible?
Not only Mahershalalhashbaz, but there are also several other names in the Bible which are the longest and most difficult names.
- Methuselah: Methuselah is the most difficult name in the Bible. He is the oldest man in the Bible. He lived for 969 years. This is explained in the Book of Genesis 5:27. The meaning of his name is “if he dies, it is judgment day.” This was proven by Noah's flood at the time of Methuselah's death.
- Nebuchadnezzar: The meaning of the name Nebuchadnezzar is “Babylonian attack and savior.” Nebuchadnezzar was king of Babylon. He is God's tool to give punishment to the people of Judah. However, Nebuchadnezzar was an evil king. He also did cruel things to God's people. However, this made God's people believe that God would save them from Nebuchadnezzar's cruelty.
- Abaddon: The name is the same as Apollyon which means destroyer. You can find that name in Revelation 9:11. It was the name of a king of the Abyss. The king was very cruel. In fact, the King's name often appears in the Old Testament to describe the dead. In the end, Abaddon died by the power of God.
Christian Christmas Trivia Questions and Answers
Bible Trivia Questions and Answers Bible Trivia Game Questions Printable Trivia Questions and Answers Printable Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
What are The Interesting Facts about The Bible?
Apart from the longest and most difficult names above, there are still many facts about the Bible. Here are some interesting facts about the Bible that you can use as ideas for making Bible trivia questions for kids.
- Not only Methuselah, there are 6 people in the Bible who lived more than 900 years. They are Seth, Enos, Noah, Adam, Jared, and Kenan. However, Methuselah is the oldest person. The six people are not older than Methuselah.
- Zimri was the king with the shortest era. He only became king for 7 days. Joash was the youngest king because he became king at the age of 7 years old.
- Genesis never says that Adam and Eve ate apples. It simply explains that they ate the fruit.
- There are 4 creatures sent by God as punishment for the Egyptians. Those animals are flies, frogs, grasshoppers, and fleas.
- The Bible also describes boats named Pollux and Castor. The two boats are interpreted as twins.
- In the Bible, Sarah and Rachel are the names of women who are most often mentioned. Meanwhile, Jesus and David are the popular male names in the Bible.
- Jesus never showed affection for His people through words. He shows that love through action.
- Job is a very rich man. He had 7000 sheep and 3000 camels. However, he had to lose all of them because God wanted to test him.
- People during the era of the prophet were always buried on the same day they died. It was different from the modern burial process.
- The Bible is the best-selling book in the world. Now, there are more than 168,000 Bibles that have been sold in the USA. In the USA, 30 million Bibles are sold per year. Meanwhile, the total Bibles sold in other countries is 100 million. In China, they can buy 100 million Bibles a year.
Article written by Anneke Virna Murdoko, last updated on Jun 29, 2020 and edited by Printablee Team.
More printable images tagged with: