Letter tiles are flexible when it comes to the purpose and usage. Since it only contains a 3D thick sheet of a single letter from A to Z, we can do fun activities with it. Here are some inspirations to play with letter tiles:
1. Creating words
Encourage kids to pick any letter, then let them arrange it into words. Spice things up with the competition. Usually, letter tiles contain the number of a score each tile. If kids can collect higher scores, they will be a winner.
2. Fill the blank
Arrange incomplete words by removing one or two letters in the words. Let them guess the remaining letters.
3. Find the word
Create a square grid that contains shuffled letters. However, put some words that they need to find inside the random letters.
Make the first movement by adding a word using letter tiles. The next player should create another word by using one of the letters of the previous word. Keep an eye so that the next player doesn't accidentally create a random and meaningless word.
We can create DIY letter tiles using wood tiles. We can use it for home decorations. Here are the following steps:
1. Get tiles of wood, alphabet and number stickers, wood glue (optional), marker (optional), ribbon, and foam mounting tape.
2. Download letter template, including letter r template, or simply buy alphabet stickers.
3. Print letter template if we don’t use stickers.
4. Design the word arrangement. Plus, we can stick it on the wall with a Scrabble-like style.
5. Put the alphabet sticker or apply the glue onto the printed letter template.
6. Add the numbers like a score with number stickers or a marker so that we can find on the letter tiles
7. Put the foam mounting tape on beneath the corners of the letter tiles.
8. Create removable lines on the wall as a ruler to put the letter tiles straight and even.
9. Remove the line and we're done.
We also have more printable letter you may like:
Printable Alphabet Worksheets Letter F
5 Inch Printable Letters A-z
Worksheets Color By Letter Printable
There are seven kinds of scores in the letter tiles. The 1 point stands for A, E, I, O, U, N, L, N, S, T, R letters. We can find 2 points for letter D and G. Letter B, C, M, P contains the number of three points. There are five letters that have 4 points, F, H, V, W, Y. Surprisingly, to get 5 points, we're only required to use letter K. The 8 points stand for two letters, J and X. Lastly, letter Q and Z give us 10 points in a game.