Art activities related to works of art. So, an art activity is an activity carried out to create a work of art. The work of art can create beauty and satisfaction.
Do a Dot Printables Preschool
What is Art Activity?
Art activities related to works of art. So, an art activity is an activity carried out to create a work of art. The work of art can create beauty and satisfaction. That's because art is closely related to beauty that can be heard, seen, and felt.
There are two types of artistic activity. The first is a creative art activity and appreciative art activity. Let's discuss the two types of activity here.
- Creative activity: This activity is related to the process of making artworks made by creators or artists.
- Appreciative activity: This second type of artistic activity is an activity of observing, evaluating, and appreciating artworks. This activity is carried out by appreciators.
Well, those two activities are related to each other. Appreciative activities will make creative activities carried out well and achieve their goals. With an appreciation for artworks, creators, or artists will be able to make better artworks.
Examples of creative activities are composing songs, making paintings, and musicalizing poetry. Meanwhile, appreciative activities are watching music concerts, visiting painting exhibitions, and listening to songs legally. Art activities can also be done individually or in groups. Art activities are also often found in everyday life.
What are Dot Art Activities?
The dot art activity is a painting style that features dots of paint. So, it is not done with brush strokes like painting in general. The dots are made with a stick or various other tools that can form dots. With this method, the painting will look more real and give a cool optical illusion.
Actually, the dot art activity was first introduced in 1970 by the Aborigines. This art is also known as Aboriginal art. Eventually, this traditional art turned into a modern dot painting.
Today, many artists use different brush sizes to create a variety of dots. There are also artists who use contrasting colors and layered effects. It was an innovative experiment to make dot art have a unique and commercial side.
Why is Dot Art Activity Important for Children?
Psychologists explain that art is able to facilitate children to be able to develop their creativity and improve problem-solving skills. In fact, art can also help children in the future, especially in this digital era. Therefore, art needs to be taught to children because it can provide these benefits.
- Children can train their concentration. Art is one of the best ways to help children become more focused, especially for children with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Children can also express themselves, their thoughts, and feelings in a positive way. So, children can avoid stress.
- Dot art activities can also increase children's self-confidence. The reason is, children can get appreciation from others through the arts they create.
- Children can do the dot art activity with their friends or parents. This can make children have good teamwork skills. That's what makes dot art activity also play an important role in improving children's socialization skills.
- Reporting to Anaheim Elementary, art activities can also train children's fine motor skills because they have to use various tools to create works of art. That's what makes them able to do eye and hand coordination well. So, that's why dot art activity is important for children.
Dot Marker Coloring Pages
Rainbow Dot Marker Printables Dot Marker Number Printables Rainbow Bingo Dot Printables Free Bingo Dauber Dot Art Pages Printable Numbers 123 Count Apples Dot Activity Free Preschool Coloring Sheets Number 8 Dot Marker Coloring Page Activity Number 4 Dot Painting Coloring Page Numbers Zero Through Twenty Do-A-Dot Printables
What are the Dot Art Activities for Kids?
To teach children about dot art learning, you can make various fun activities. Examples are some of the following ideas. With all these dot art activities, children will get the various benefits that we have explained above.
- Melted Crayon Dot Art: The first activity kids can do is make dot art using melted crayons. So, melt some crayons with different colors. Then, teach the children to draw dots on paper or canvas using a brush. If you want to be more creative, you can make a certain pattern. Then, ask the children to color the pattern using the dot art method.
- Dotted Mugs: You can also teach children to make dotted patterns on mugs that they use every day. Use waterproof paint. Then, children can make writing or pictures on the surface of the mug in the form of dots. However, you should make a sketch using a pencil on the mug to make it easier for children to make dots on the mug.
- Dot Tote Bag: Another way is to ask them to make a tote bag with dots on it together. Use an unused cloth. Then, sew it into a tote bag. After that, make a pattern on the tote bag and color it with a dots pattern on the sketch. Besides being able to teach children to learn dot art, this method can also help them learn to love the environment.
- Sponge Wall Art: Dot patterns can be made not only with a brush but also with a sponge. First, draw an image on the canvas using a pencil. Then, use a round sponge and watercolor to color the sketch. Don't forget to hang the artwork on the wall in the room.
- DIY Wall Clock: You can teach kids how to make a DIY dotted wall clock. Use a wall clock without a background. Then, ask the children to help you make dot patterns on the background wall clock.
Article written by Lestari Nur Aisah, last updated on Feb 26, 2021 and edited by Printablee Team.
More printable images tagged with: