Thanksgiving Bingo Cards
What are some family traditions for Thanksgiving?
The existence of Thanksgiving began as a moment of gratitude for British colonialists who then distributed their crops to the Wampanoag tribe. They then held a three-day festival to celebrate their gratitude. This has since become a hereditary tradition for Americans.
Now Thanksgiving is not always about the harvest, but a moment to get together with families who have not seen each other for a long time. Therefore, one of the traditions on Thanksgiving is to have a feast or big meal. Some families in America have their own traditions, but here are the traditions that are common to every family on Thanksgiving Day:
- Watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. The parade which was held in the middle of the streets of New York City has been held since 1924 and is still being maintained until now. Therefore, this parade always gets a lot of attention every year. They always have new innovations that make this parade never boring to watch. Usually every Thanksgiving night, family members will watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade through the Television Together.
- Thanksgiving game for the family. In order to liven up the Thanksgiving atmosphere, it takes a thanksgiving game for the family so that people can get back together again. You can play puzzles together, play word games, or other interesting things.
- Travel to their hometown. Since the trend for urbanization, many people have left their hometowns to pursue careers in big cities. Therefore, many people use the Thanksgiving holiday as a moment to reunite with other family members after a year of not seeing each other.
What are some Thanksgiving activities?
When we talk about Thanksgiving, of course, we will remember a tradition that usually exists every year. But sometimes people feel bored with just the same tradition. Adding some exciting activities certainly doesn't hurt to make the Thanksgiving atmosphere more lively. The following are recommendations for activities that can be done during Thanksgiving:
- Play costumes and tell stories about their ancestors. Learning about family history is important. Even more so if in ancient times, there was a family who was a Pilgrims. So while telling stories from the past, one of the family members can wear costumes themed from the life of the 1600s.
- Play trivia games. One of the Thanksgiving games for families is to play trivia games together. Your quiz can be in the form of a thanksgiving trivia which contains interesting facts about thanksgiving. Besides adding insight, this can also be fun when done together.
Turkey Thanksgiving Game
Thanksgiving Pictionary Word List
Printable Thanksgiving Games
What are some fun Thanksgiving games?
On Thanksgiving, there are a variety of fun games. However, you may consider choosing games that can be played with all members of the family. For example, such as board games, hide and seek, word games, pumpkin hunt, turkey hunt, and so on.