If you have high self-observation, you will be able to understand your thoughts and feelings. So, you can control yourself not to take actions that negatively impact your professional career..
Printable All About Me Adult
Why Self-Observation Can Help You Succeed in a Professional Career?
If you have high self-observation, you will be able to understand your thoughts and feelings. So, you can control yourself not to take actions that negatively impact your professional career.
The self-observation also helps you to identify skills that you don't master. So, you will give some effort to develop skills so that you can increase your success. Actually, how self-observation leads to professional success?
- Reduces Stress Well: So, self-observation can help you to achieve professional success because it can reduce stress at work. At work, you must feel pressure from workload or from co-workers. It can trigger stress and anxiety. By understanding yourself through self-observartion, you will have a coping mechanism to manage stress. The reason is, you already understand the various negative feelings and understand the solutions to overcome them.
- Improve Performance: Because you can manage your emotions well, you can focus on doing work in the office. This is also proven by the Korn Ferry Institute which studied 486 companies for 30 months. It was found that companies with high performance have employees who have high self-observation.
- Efficient Time Management: If you want to complete office tasks efficiently, you need to have good time management skills. One of the best ways to have time management is to have good self-observation. If you understand your best time, you can determine the right time to start work and arrange meeting schedules.
- Leadership: If you understand yourself well, you can have good skills. One of them is leadership skills. These skills can enhance your career in the future.
Why is Self-Observation an Important Key to Leadership?
Self-observation is an important key to improving leadership skills because self-observation can help you understand behavior, biases, and emotions. You can understand your behavior so you realize your strengths and weaknesses. Without understanding yourself, you will not have a good attitude as a leader.
Leaders who have high self-observation will be able to create a comfortable working atmosphere. So, all employees will feel trusted, valued, and treated well. This will have a positive impact on employee loyalty. Employee loyalty will improve company performance.
With this self-observation, leaders will be able to understand their habits. Bias is a factor that influences the decisions and actions of leaders. With high self-observation, leaders can perform their leadership style to the needs of employees and work situations.
Without self-observation, leaders have difficulty making decisions. That's because leaders focus on their own interests, without caring about the interests of employees or customers. This certainly has a negative impact on the company's performance.
Self-observation is an important aspect for leaders because it helps leaders to control their emotions well. With controlled emotions, a leader will be able to respond to conflicts or bad situations in an effective way. So, all problems at work will be resolved.
With self-observation, a leader will be trusted by all parties. That is because the leader has a good attitude so credibility will increase. Based on a study conducted by the Harvard Business Review, a credible leader is a leader who has good self-control.
Printable Adult Coloring Pages Hearts
All About Me Worksheets Printables Printable Coloring Book Pages Adult Christmas Coloring Pages All About Me Worksheet High School All About Me Printable Faith Based Birthday Interview Printable Let Me Introduce Myself For Adults Printable Printable All About Me Questionnaire All About Me Printables Interview Templates For Adult Printable All About Me For Adult And Adolescents All About Me ESL English Worksheet Printable Printable All About Me Tween Themed Printable About Me Worksheets For Adults Printable All About Me Coloring Pages For Adult Getting To Know You Back To School Printable Adult Worksheet Introduce Yourself Worksheet Printable For Adult Printable All About Me Questions For Adult Printable Getting To Know You Speaking Prompts With Vocabulary Bank
How Can You Improve Self-Observation?
One of the best ways to increase self-observation is to practice mindfulness. This practice will help you to have a healthy mindset so you can be sensitive to the conditions around you. In addition, you also do the following ways to improve your self-observation.
- Believing in Your Own Abilities: The main key to being able to improve self-observation is to believe in your own abilities. If you believe in your own abilities, you dare to express your opinion. So, you can make the right decision when you are in a bad condition.
- Doing Self-Evaluation: Another way is to do self-evaluation. By doing a self-evaluation, you can understand your strengths and weaknesses. So, you can fix these deficiencies to be able to increase the strengths you have. Not only can increase self-awareness, but this method can also improve your mental health.
- Controlling Emotions Well: If you want to have good self-observation skills, you have to control your emotions well. With this ability, you can understand your emotions, thoughts, and feelings. So, you can find out the cause of those emotions. If you understand the emotions, you can determine the best solution to overcome them. So when you feel any emotion, you should try to evaluate the emotion.
- Taking Time to Reflect: If you want to improve self-observation, try to take your time to reflect. While you are reflecting, you need to evaluate all those bad feelings, behaviors, and thoughts. So, contemplating aims to do self-introspection and manage emotions well.
- Ask for Feedback from Others: If you want to understand your strengths and weaknesses, ask for feedback from others regarding yourself. You can ask that to friends,or family.
- Coaching or Training: Coaching or training requires you to meet and discuss with a mentor. Mentors can help you realize your strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, companies usually ask their employees to join the training to improve self-observation and employee performance.
Article written by Lestari Nur Aisah, last updated on Oct 05, 2023 and edited by Printablee Team.
More printable images tagged with: