The color wheel is a circle colored with several colors. It is used to teach different kinds of colors to children. So, the color wheel relates to the visual arts of showing color spectrums and understanding the relationship between all colors..
What is a Color Wheel?
The color wheel is a circle colored with several colors. It is used to teach different kinds of colors to children. So, the color wheel relates to the visual arts of showing color spectrums and understanding the relationship between all colors.
All of these colors are made and arranged systematically. In general, three main color categories. Those are primary colors, secondary colors, and tertiary colors. However, students are actually taught about the three types of primary colors. They are blue, yellow, and red. Just as the color wheel educates students about the spectrum and relationships of colors, seeking essay help or an essay service can guide students in crafting their academic papers, much like if someone were to "write a master's thesis for me."
What is the Principle of the Color Wheel?
It should be noted that the main principle of the color wheel is the mixing of three primary colors. When these three colors are mixed, the result is a secondary color. Meanwhile, the mixing of primary colors and secondary colors is a tertiary color.
There are several other color-mixing principles in the color wheel. These principles are as follows.
- Analogous: Analogous color is the principal color on the color wheel.Analogous is based on light color combinations in nature.
- Complementary: There are also complementary colors which are opposite colors on the color wheel with an angle of 180 degrees. So, complementary colors have two types of contrasting colors. Examples are blue-orange, red-green, and yellow-purple.
- Split Complementary: Another principle is split complementary which is actually almost the same as the principle above. However, split complementary uses the Y formula. So, there are three opposite colors on the color wheel with positions like Y.
- Triadic: Triadic color is the principle of colors on the color wheel with positions that form a triangle. The triadic color can give a combination of three colors.
- Tetradic: The color wheel also applies the principle of tetradic color or a blend of two complementary colors. The combination of these colors produces a combination of cool colors and warm colors.
- Square: Square color is the principle of mixing colors on a color wheel similar to a tetradic. However, the square color comes in four different colors. The distance between the colors is also the same.
Actually, what is the function of the color wheel? So, the color wheel is used to determine the right color when creating a design. The color wheel is also used as a basic knowledge of color. Therefore, the color wheel is often used for learning in the classroom, especially in art lessons.
How to Use the Color Wheel in Class?
To help students understand the principles of color, you can use the color wheel in classroom learning. So, how to use the color wheel for classroom activity?
- First, you must determine the purpose of using the color wheel for classroom learning. Explain primary colors and the principle of mixing these primary colors.
- After that, you can start teaching children to make a color wheel. The first step is to cut the blank paper into a circle shape. The diameter of the circle is 12 cm. Then, draw a line that divides the circle into three equal parts.
- Then, the children had to color the three sections on the color wheel with blue, yellow, and red.
- Connect the three primary colors on the color wheel with the activities in class. The examples are blue for free time, red for schedule changes, and yellow for group assignments. So, you can explain those rules to the students. Then, practice it in the class.
Printable Blank Color Wheel Template
Primary Color Wheel Coloring Page Printable Color Wheel Worksheet Printable Color Wheel Template Printable Color Wheel For Elementary Students Color Wheel Worksheet For Kindergarten Interactive Color Wheel For Students Color Wheel Activity For Students
What are the Color Wheel Activities for Students?
To make children not get bored using the color wheel, teachers can do several color wheel activities in class. So, do some of these activities in learning or break time.
- 3D color wheel: The first activity is to use the 3D color wheel. You can ask each student to make three color wheels. After that, they have to combine the three color wheels to be used as a 3D color wheel. With the 3D color wheel, you can explain various principles of color mixing to students. When they're done using it, you can hang all the 3D color wheels on the classroom wall.
- Color wheel crafts: Another activity that can be done is to make color wheel crafts. Ask the students to make a simple color wheel that is colored with several types of colors. So, they have to write the color’s name on that color wheel. An example is the color green which is labeled “green.” By making this color wheel craft, children will be able to have good motor skills.
- Nature color wheel: Another way is to make a nature color wheel. What's that? So, it is a color wheel that uses natural colors. After the color wheel is created, place some objects in nature that have a color like the color wheel. An example is a lemon placed on the yellow part of the color wheel and a red rose placed on the red area of the color wheel.
- Object color wheel: You can also use the object color wheel to teach kids about colors theory. So, draw a large circle on the floor and divide the circle into several parts. Then, place an object with a certain color on each part of the circle.
- Color wheel worksheet: You can also use a color wheel worksheet. So, download and print a color worksheet. Then, ask students to color each section on the color wheel worksheet. The worksheet has coloring instructions, so it can help students to understand the principles of color and the right ways to make the color wheel.
Article written by Adelina M.K., last updated on Apr 05, 2021 and edited by Printablee Team.
More printable images tagged with: