The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic. There are 50 states and 1 federal district that you can see on the 50 states map. Based on the world map, the United States is located in the central part of North America..
50 States Printable Out Maps
What is the United States?
The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic. There are 50 states and 1 federal district that you can see on the 50 states map. Based on the world map, the United States is located in the central part of North America.
On the west and east, the United States is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Ocean. On the north side, it is bordered side by Canada and Mexico on the south.
The United States of America originated from three British colonies along the Atlantic coast. They built their own economic system and political system. Later, England fell out with the colony, triggering the American Revolution.
On July 4, 1776, 13 colonies declared independence. It was also the beginning of the founding of the United States of America.
In the 19th century, the United States undertook a major expansion into North America and other areas around it. They created new territories to serve as states. At the end of the 19th century, the United States succeeded in becoming the country with the largest and most advanced economy in the world. The victory of the United States in World War I also made the United States the status of country with the strongest military in the world.
Now, the United States is the biggest country in the world. The United States has a big impact on research and technology, economy, culture, and politics. It is not surprising that other countries have made the United States the center of the world economy. This progress is supported by the availability of resources, infrastructure, and high productivity.
What are the Geographic Characteristics of the US States?
Geographically, the United States is the third largest country in the world. It is based on the area and population. The main concept of the geography of the United States is diversity. That's because there are many states in the US. So, exploring the unique geographical characteristics of US states map is an interesting thing.
The US has rivers, lakes, agriculture, forests, mineral resources, and many tourist spots. In general, there are 4 divisions of territory in the US. Those are northeast, west, south, and midwest.
- Northeastern Region: This region is an urban area on the Atlantic coast. Examples are Washington D.C., New York, and Boston. Apart from that, there are also some forest lands in the region. The northeastern US region also consists of agricultural regions known for their production of milk, maple syrup, corn, hay, blueberries, and cranberries.
- Western Region: This region consists of mountains and land. Some of the famous mountains are the Sierra Nevadas, Rocky Mountains, and the Cascade Mountains. Its urban centers are Los Angeles, Seattle, Phoenix, Denver, and San Francisco. This region also has many National Parks.
- Southern Region: This region is known for its warm weather, wind, and pine forests. Examples are Texas, Louisiana, and Georgia. The downtown areas in the southern region of the United States are New Orleans, Houston, and Atlanta. There are also the Appalachian mountains.
- Midwest Region: This region is located in the eastern and central parts of the United States. The area is dominated by grasslands and wide plains. The land is very fertile so there is a large population in rural areas. Therefore, this region became the main agricultural area in the United States. Examples of downtown are Kansas City, Chicago, and Minneapolis.
Blank US Maps United States Large United States Map Print Out Printable US Maps With States Outlines Of America – United States United States Coloring Pages Blank Outline Map Of The United States Blank Map Of The United States United States Of America Map Educational Poster Print Photo
What are the Unique Facts of the United States?
Not only is its geography, the United States also has several other uniqueness. Here we provide some unique facts from that country
- Many people say that the languages of the United States are Spanish and English. In fact, the US does not have an official language.
- The United States is a country that has the largest GDP in the world.
- JCR Licklider of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology came up with the idea of an intergalactic computer network in 1960. That was the beginning of the invention of the internet. After that, the ARPANET appeared which became the first internet prototype. Then, Tim Berners-Lee from MIT found the World Wide Web which was used to access the internet in 1990. So, the United States became the first country to successfully discover the internet.
- In the past, the capital of the United States was New York. The city became the capital of the United States when George Washington became first president. Washington DC was only inaugurated as the capital of the United States in 1790.
- If you see on the colored USA map, Alaska is the state of the United States that has the longest coastline. The total is 12,383 miles or 19,928 km. It is longer than the coastlines of the other 49 states.
- New York is the busiest city in the United States. That's because there are about 27,000 people living in the city. In fact, there is always a birth in New York every 4.5 minutes.
- If you think that the US stands for the United States, you are wrong. Originally, the US stood for Uncle Sam. It was used during the war in 1812. That was a joke of the butcher for the United States army. Now, the US is better known as the United States.
- In fact, the first $1 money image was not George Washington. The character is Salmon P. Chase. He was the Minister of Finance who designed the money during the 1862 Civil War.
- There is no LPG gas in the United States and all of its states. This is because the US already uses a gas system that is distributed through pipelines. The pipelines connect to all homes in the US.
Article written by Adelina M.K., last updated on Sep 10, 2021 and edited by Printablee Team.
More printable images tagged with: